CARROLLTON – Operation Kindness, the original and largest no-kill animal shelter in North Texas, today is encouraging people to adopt furry friend this summer with a special adoption discount: senior citizens ages 65 and up or animals 7 and up will receive a $65 discount off adoption fees. Offer is not valid with other discounts.
The special began last week.
Operation Kindness is at 3201 Earhart Drive in Carrollton.
Adoption fees are regularly $135 for cats/kittens and $185 for dogs/puppies (discount not included). With the adoption of every animal, adopters receive:
- Adoption counseling to help the adopter select the pet best suited to his/her needs, family and home environment
- Pet care and educational materials
- Temporary carrier for cats
- Operation Kindness tag with animal ID
- Microchip ID and registration
- Rabies tag for animals over 4 months of age
- Pet care starter kit with food samples and helpful information
- Spay or neuter surgery (if not previously done due to young age or medical reason)
- Coupon for 25 percent off entire purchase at Pets Supplies Plus
In order to adopt an animal from Operation Kindness, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid, government-issued photo ID with your current address on it
- Be able to verify that you can have a pet where you live
To find out more information about pet adoption and to discover pets currently seeking forever homes, please visit www.operationkindness.org.