FORT WORTH — In honor of the holidays, Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak Hous e- Fort Worth’s award-winning Anthony Felli, executive chef, offers an at-home recipe for Smokey-Cracked Pepper and Brown Sugar Crusted Prime Rib.
Felli joined Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House in Fort Worth in 2006, where he spent two years as sous chef before being promoted to executive chef, a press release stated.
Smokey-Cracked Pepper and Brown Sugar Crusted Prime Rib
6-8 lbs. ribeye loin (U.S.D.A. prime if available)
1/2 cup cracked black pepper
3/4 cup smoked sea salt
1/2 cup fresh chopped garlic
2 tbl. fresh chopped thyme
3 cups brown sugar
- Pat dry ribeye loin.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, thyme and garlic evenly on the entire outer surface of ribeye loin. Press onto the surface.
- Apply ¼ inch layer of brown sugar to the entire outer surface of seasoned ribeye loin. Press onto the surface.
- Place on to roasted pan in a pre-heated *300 conventional oven.
- Roast for approximately 1.5-2 hours. Check internal temperature periodically. For rare, remove once 110 is reached.
- Allow the prepared prime rib to rest at room temperature for a minimum of 25 minutes before slicing.
- Slice and enjoy with your favorite side dishes, perhaps from Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House “Feast Without the Fuss” to-go offerings. Share with loved ones.
Preserve the pan renderings. Strain the liquid and add to your favorite Au Jus recipe for additional flavor.