DALLAS – As everyone prepares to light the barbecue pits, Chef John Holloman of Del Frisco’s Grille in Uptown Dallas offers this recipe:
GRILLE PRIME CHEESEBURGER
- 1 tbs softened butter
- 1 brioche hamburger roll
- 2 each 4 oz. burger patties
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Two slices American cheese
- 1 oz. shredded lettuce
- 4 rings of sliced red onion
- 4 each bread & butter pickle chips
- 2 slices 1/8″ thick ripe tomato
- 2 tbs “sloppy sauce” (sorry, proprietary recipe)
- Slice the bun. Butter. Grill until golden. Spread sauce on bottom of bun.
- Top bun bottom with pickles, tomato, onion & lettuce.
- Season both sides of burger patties with salt and pepper. Grill until medium well, about 3 minutes for the first side, 2 minutes for the second side. When the burgers are flipped, top each patty with American cheese.
- When cheese is soft and burgers are cooked, stack burgers on top of bun bottom. Place bun top on top of the burger and serve with french fries.